Friday 25 April 2008

Response to a childhood hero

I wrote this to Steven Killbey's Blogg. I think that this guy has affected my vocabullary outwith my parents and my peers, more than any other artists on the tele, in music or in books. The word paradox was a song title of his. I remember my dad at roughly around the time that I learned this word was using a soft ware system called Paradox 123. I said "what's the pardaox thier then." He said something along the lines of "it's easy to use but it does complicated things." My dads a clever bastard lol. I think that Killbey is also interested in the sound of launguage and the way that it rolls of the tounge, the images it makes the poetics. me to I am a bit of a word fetishist, but I love music just as much so the world he creates has hooked and fed a big part of my imagination.
In short he rocks http://stevekilbey.blogspot.com/

Yeah, It can really be exacerbating when we realise the men at the top are being driven by power on a level that I, at least find hard to comprehend. Power that has a blatant disregard for human life and puts ambition above all else. Either because the politicians start out with good intentions or are just natural born Machiavellis.
I don't know why we end up ripping the shreds out of each others guts in sustained international initiatives.
I know that I can lose my temper, but how can a country sustain an aggression against another for years and years. It's odd. Well it’s not that odd, I do understand the internal cycles of bitterness and anger that can last a lot longer than I could want, and these feelings can incinerate anything they touch. But for some reason the lightness
returns, when I pick up my guitar or when my pals make me laugh, or go for a swim or give up smoking, or just be with the bitterness and the anger rather than run away from it

The Darwinist, Freudian within me says that maybe it’s about something not within our kenning about genetics, and stuff like that gives the men at the top the full on war fever. The triumph of one over the other. J. G Ballard (I think he’s the “masculine” side of Carter) has pointed out that this veneer of respectability that we have in the west hides a deep rooted repressed aggressive nature that is just waiting to come to the fore when the flimsy stage set of modern western life is pushed aside. The place were unexplained fears and anxieties reside

The Buddhist the Christian, the One who feels within me says that no man war is about framing life in a way that it just does not have to be. We are all connected on the subtle strings of life. May we all be happy may we all be well? May we all be free from suffering? Let us please at least try to take care of each other. However I do think that the planet itself: all the rocks, trees, animals and sky and things, Is probably a bit sick of the lot of us. It sighs to itself “why can’t these silly buggers sit still and stop doing stuff, and just give it a rest for a while.”

Thanks as always Mr. Killbey for sharing your ideas. They certainly have made my life more interesting. I just heard the Isidore stuff wow what energy, It absolutely nails it.

No comments: